Tuesday, April 10, 2012

No turning back...

Well, we're part way to France, even as I type this. The first leg of the journey is behind us and we await the next.

It was strange leaving our old home in the US. A few tears, but no regrets. It's likely too early for that, what with all the excitement and anticipation of what we'll be doing to get through Charles de Gaul airport and on into our new apartment.

Then there are the concerns for how we will converse with our landlords. They speak no English and our French is only in it's second full year of learning.

Still, this is a tremendous time to be out and about.


Scenes from a Metro


The thing that strikes me most are the travelers. They are all our age or older. I guess I'd better get used to it. I'm one of them.

What an adventure this is! The entire experience has come down to this. There are few words for these kinds of emotions.

The next post will be from France.


Scenes from a Metro

No comments:

Post a Comment